Tuesday, July 26, 2011

CHARACTER - Joseph 'Joe' David Ventura


Named by Mack, Joe is the character that most people like.  He is based on one of my closest friends.




My friend is a pretty intimidating figure when you first get to meet him.  He's hairy, muscular, extremely masculine, and very handsome.  People who first meet him are instantly intimidated.  He comes across as a bad ass TOP—always looking pissed off.  Well, that is a complete incorrect assumption.  When it comes to play, he makes no bones about the fact that he is a bottom.  He doesn't try to hide it, as hiding it may give the wrong impression to a prospective top.

But his looks and his desires are not the only things I admire about him.  I am truly in awe at how he cares about other people.  Generally concerned with the well being of others, he will be the first one to offer help to someone, discretely and without any confrontation or attention-grabbing.  I saw him offer help to another friend, and he even once offered to help me when I was in an emotional pickle.  This is what I drew upon when I was creating Joe.

What makes Joe so desirable is this I'm-looking-out-for-you attitude towards Dan.  Most of the positive feedback centers around Joe's care for Dan.

Without Joe, the story would have fallen apart.  Joe provides the basis for Dan's doubt of Tate.  Whenever Dan wants to break from Tate, he remembers his discussions with Joe.

The problem is that I couldn't make him attainable.  By making him "happily" married with girls made him not a realistic partner for Dan.  So Dan would get the contrast to Tate, but not the opportunity to pursue.

Now there is one part of Joe that does not come from my friend, and that would be Joe's background. Joe's original background came from one of my first kinky mentors.  I was about 22 or 23, and I met him through an ad.  He was kinky and twisted.  A lot of Joe's background is loosely based on the stories he told me.  I haven't talked to him in years.  I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment