Monday, July 25, 2011

CHARACTER: Randy



I think that Randy is the least developed character. . . .




. . . and that's my own fault.

He was based on this incredibly hot man who was incredibly plain.  My description of him in Day 3 is how I first saw my inspiration.

Randy needs to be the counter character to Joe.  He needs to be the early villain.  My problem is that I need to make him more antagonistic.  He doesn't start to be a jerk until the rest area.  I knew that he was going to be competition with Dan for Tate.  His whispered insults to Dan came late in the development, and I felt that scene where Randy parts from Tate and Dan at the rest are best describes Randy's character.

I had so much dislike for Randy's character in the end that I didn't want to write about him at all, but I knew I had to.  But I used that disdain for my headspace when I did started to write about him.  It was the best frame of mind to be in for his scenes.

Even right now, I have no clue what else to add here.

On a side note regarding his fetish for rimming, both getting and giving.  He seems to have a number of rimseat models in his store, which is a rarity.  Most leather/fetish stores have only one if they have one at all.  That needs to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment